aaron sorkin masterclass download
35 VIDEO LESSONS
Aaron Sorkin teaches you the craft of film and television screenwriting in 35 exclusive video lessons.
In his first ever online class, learn from Oscar-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin. Only available through MasterClass.
Your script starts here.
Aaron Sorkin wrote his first movie on cocktail napkins. Those napkins turned into A Few Good Men, starring Jack Nicholson. Now, the Academy Award winning writer of The West Wing and The Social Network is teaching screenwriting. You’ll learn his rules of storytelling, dialogue, character development, and what makes a script actually sell. By the end, you’ll write unforgettable screenplays.
- 01 IntroductionMeet Aaron. He’s an Oscar winner, a TV hitmaker, and the writer of some of the smartest dramas ever to hit the screen. And now, he’s your instructor.
- 02 Intention & ObstacleEvery great story is born from intentions and obstacles. Learn how to build the “drive shaft” that will set your script in motion.
- 03 Story IdeasHow do you know if your idea is good enough to turn into a script? Aaron walks you through the steps every writer should take to test an idea—and decide whether it will work best in TV or film.
- 04 Developing Characters: Part 1Aaron shares some of the decisions he made to develop some of his most unforgettable characters—like The Social Network’s Mark Zuckerberg and The West Wing’s Toby and Leo.
- 05 Developing Characters: Part 2Your characters don’t have to be like you—or even likeable. Drawing on examples from A Few Good Men and Steve Jobs, Aaron explains why he always empathizes with his characters even if he disagrees with them.
- 06 ResearchGood research is the key to a great script. Bad research is a waste of time. How can you tell the difference? Aaron shares lessons from Malice and The Social Network to help you gather the information you really need.
- and more….
Full Aaron sorkin masterclass download
Content retrieved from: https://indiefilmhustle.com/masterclass-aaron-sorkin-screenwriting/.