Chris hadfield masterclass free online, Chris Hadfield Teaches Space Exploration
In 28+ lessons, the former commander of the International Space Station teaches you the science of space exploration and what the future holds.
Enroll today and get access to video lessons and exclusive class materials. Learn at your own pace on mobile or desktop.
Explore the unknown
Impossible things happen. At age nine, Chris Hadfield knew he wanted to go to space. He eventually went there three times, becoming a commander of the International Space Station. In his MasterClass, Chris teaches you what it takes to explore space and what the future holds for humans in the final frontier. Learn about the science of space travel, life as an astronaut, and how flying in space will forever change the way you think about living on Earth.
- 01 IntroductionMeet your instructor: Chris Hadfield, retired astronaut and former Commander of the International Space Station. In his first lesson, Chris reflects on overcoming the impossible to explore outer space.
- 02 Astronaut TrainingTo become an astronaut, you have to become an expert on everything. Chris outlines the scope of an astronaut’s training from leadership skills to survival skills.
- 03 Rockets: How Rockets WorkChris explains the functions of the basic parts of a rocket, the physics of launching one beyond the atmosphere, and how rocket design has evolved from mission to mission.
- 04 Rockets: What It Feels Like to LaunchOnly a few hundred humans have ever traveled to space. Chris describes in precise detail the emotions an astronaut feels on launch day and the physical feeling of leaving Earth.
- 05 Rockets: Atmospheric DragChris breaks down the equation for drag and shows how rockets are designed to overcome the biggest hurdle of launching into space—the atmosphere.
- 06 Rockets: Orbital MechanicsChris uses familiar situations—like driving a car and jumping off a diving board—to illustrate how the laws of orbital mechanics govern spaceflight and navigation
- 07 Rockets: Fuels and PropulsionChris explains the pros and cons of different types of rocket fuels including liquid fuel, solid fuel, and ionized gas.
- 08 Rockets: The Price of Exploration”Rockets and spaceflight are dangerous by definition. Learn how astronauts manage their fears and cope with tragedy as Chris had to do after the loss of a friend in the Columbia Space Shuttle mission. “
- and more..
Free Full Chris Hadfield masterclass Download
Content retrieved from: https://www.masterclass.com/classes/chris-hadfield-teaches-space-exploration.