Free frank gehry masterclass full download, Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
17 VIDEO LESSONS
In 17 lessons, Frank teaches his unconventional philosophy on architecture, design, and art.
In his first-ever online class, the renowned architect shares his creative process.
Create the extraordinary
At 19 years old, Frank Gehry was a truck driver taking sculpture classes at night school. His vision for what architecture could accomplish went on to reshape our cities’ skylines, and the imaginations of artists and designers around the world. Now this master builder invites you into his never-before-seen model archive for a look into his creative process.
- 01 IntroductionFrank welcomes you to his MasterClass. He shares what he hopes you’ll learn from him, and tells you exactly how he found architecture. Or did it find him?
- 02 On CreativityFrank is considered one of the most creative and expressive architects in the world. In this chapter, he’ll share why it’s important to develop your own creative signature and how to embrace the creative insecurity you will inevitably experience.
- 03 Design Philosophy: Part 1Over the course of his storied career, Frank has developed a series of hard-won philosophies about design and architecture. In the next two chapters, he passes these philosophies on to you.
- 04 Design Philosophy: Part 2Frank dives deeper into the theories he considers crucial to every architect’s design process.
- 05 Generating IdeasSometimes the best ideas begin as the craziest ideas. Frank shares a few of his tips for exploring the crazy ideas, and where to begin again if you’re feeling stuck.
- 06 Frank’s InspirationFrom the great sculptures by Bernini, to the fluid movement in Hiroshige’s carp paintings, Frank has found inspiration for his buildings in a myriad of places. See how he translates, interprets, and adapts shapes and themes into his own designs.
- 07 Design ObstaclesCritics, clients, even the ebb and flow of the economy can have dramatic effects on the work that you do. Frank shares stories of how he has overcome these obstacles, and ended up seeing them as opportunities.
- 08 Expressing MovementIt started with an offhand comment about a fish. It turned into Frank Gehry’s signature style. Learn about Franks fascination with movement, where it came from, and how he’s able to add it to an inanimate building.
- 09 Creating With Your ClientFrank knows the importance of communicating with clients. By including them at every step of the design process, your projects will gain order and personality. In this chapter, Frank shares how to make creative collaboration a priority.
- 10 Take Aways From the Walt Disney Concert HallFrank shares the highlights, and low points, of his time designing and constructing the iconic Walt Disney Concert Hall. You’ll learn the importance of being a master builder, prototyping your work, and collaborating with other experts.
- and other..
Get Link Frank Gehry masterclass free download
Content retrieved from: https://www.masterclass.com/classes/frank-gehry-teaches-design-and-architecture.