Helen Mirren Teaches Acting, helen mirren masterclass download
In 28 lessons, the Oscar, Golden Globe, Tony, and Emmy winner teaches her process for acting on the stage and screen.
Oscar winner Helen Mirren teaches her first-ever online class.
Find freedom in your roles
Oscar, Golden Globe, Emmy, and Tony winner Helen Mirren is one of the greatest actresses of our time. In her first online class, she discusses the dualism that is core to her method: the necessity for mastering technique (craft) and then letting go so that your imagination can take over (art). Learn how to break down a script, research characters, and master techniques so you can transcend them to find freedom in every role.
- 01 IntroductionTo start her MasterClass, Helen demonstrates a simple act that’s one of the hardest things for an actor to do: walking naturally. She then introduces you to the world of acting and the empty space that will be your classroom.
- 02 Helen’s Journey in the TheaterHelen talks about the beginning of her career and the events that inspired her to become an actress, from an amateur production of Hamlet to a variety show in her hometown.
- 03 Evolving as a Theater ActressWhile performing with an experimental theater group, Helen learned valuable lessons about voice training, physicality, and control. Here, she shares them with you.
- 04 Choosing RolesHelen offers you advice for auditions and shares her unique way of assessing a role.
- 05 Breaking Down a ScriptBreaking down a script is a very personal process. Learn Helen’s tricks for tackling a large volume of material at once, and experience the joy of discovering your character’s dialogue in your own mouth.
- 06 Shakespeare, Part 1Helen shares her process for breaking down a Shakespeare passage by working through Portia’s “Quality of Mercy” speech from The Merchant of Venice, a monologue she’s never performed before.
- 07 Shakespeare, Part 2Helen breaks down her favorite speech—“Our Revels” from The Tempest—giving you insight into her deeply personal relationship with the lines.
- 08 Finding Your CharacterReal life is one of Helen’s greatest inspirations—she says it will always be better than anything we can invent. Learn how to find your character in the world around you and the importance of having a secret story that drives you in every role.
- 09 Research: Fictional CharactersHelen breaks down her two types of research—literal and poetic—and emphasizes the importance of researching the people in your character’s profession, rather than just the profession itself.
- 10 Research: Real CharactersLearn how Helen approached research for historical roles such as Elizabeth I, Elizabeth II, and Ayn Rand.
- 11 Creating Characters: Costume, Part 1Helen has a deep enthusiasm for costume. She walks you through how various costumes serve the characters who wear them and how to make more thoughtful choices about what your characters wear.
- 12 Creating Characters: Costume, Part 2Every piece of your character’s costume—down to the shoes—has to tell the right story. Learn how to evaluate accessories for your character.
- and more..
Content retrieved from: https://www.masterclass.com/classes/helen-mirren-teaches-acting.