Free herbie hancock masterclass download, Herbie Hancock Teaches Jazz
Learn to improvise, compose, and develop your own sound across 25 video lessons.
Learn from the 14-time Grammy winner in his first ever online class.
Find Your Sound
Herbie Hancock’s jazz career started in his family’s living room, listening to his favorite records and trying to play along. Now, he’s one of the most celebrated musicians in the world. Join Herbie at the piano as he shares his approach to improvisation, composition, and harmony. Gain access to 10+ original piano transcriptions, including 5 exclusive solo performances.
- 01 IntroductionMeet your instructor, legendary pianist and composer Herbie Hancock. For Herbie, music is more than the notes you play. Learn how to open your mind—and ears—to the real story.
- 02 A Human Approach to MusicFor Herbie, music is more than the notes you play. Learn how to open your mind—and ears—to the real story.
- 03 ImprovisationDon’t let improvisation intimidate you. Herbie’s approach starts with the simplest of ideas: Listen, then react.
- 04 Learning by ListeningHerbie taught himself to play jazz by playing along with his favorite records. Learn how to use his methods to accompany the music you love.
- 05 The Two Basic Jazz FormsCountless jazz tunes are built around one of two simple harmonic patterns. Practice Herbie’s licks and improv ideas, and discover new opportunities to use them.
- 06 Listen and Learn: “Oleo”Listen, practice, and play along with Herbie’s solo performance of Sonny Rollins’s standard, a classic example of rhythm changes.
- 07 Piano BasicsHerbie breaks down the fundamentals of piano playing.
- 08 Piano ExercisesBuild speed and strength in your fingers with the exercises that have helped Herbie most.
- 09 Improvising AlonePlaying alone means you’re free to play any way you want. Learn how Herbie breaks the rules of melody, rhythm, and harmony to infuse his solo performances with creativity.
- 10 Expanded Improv TechniquesHave you ever thought about music as a series of images? Herbie shares techniques that will push the boundaries of your improvising.
- 11 Jam Session: Improvising TogetherHerbie brings some guests to help demonstrate how musicians communicate while playing.
- and more…
Content retrieved from: https://www.masterclass.com/classes/herbie-hancock-teaches-jazz.