Free Download James Patterson Teaches Writing
22 VIDEO LESSONS AND EXERCISES
James teaches you how to create characters, write dialogue, and keep readers turning the page.
100% EXCLUSIVE CONTENT
For the first time, James Patterson teaches you everything he has learned. Only available through MasterClass.
Set out to write a best-selling book
James Patterson, the author of 19 consecutive No. 1 New York Times bestsellers, reveals his tricks of the trade for the very first time. In this course, he guides you through every part of the book writing process.
- 01 IntroductionYour instructor, James Patterson—currently the best-selling author in the world—lets you know what he has planned for your class and what you’ll need to learn to start writing your own best-sellers.
- 02 Passion + HabitGetting into the proper mindset is an essential first step to writing a best-seller. This lesson explores James’s secrets for staying focused, productive, and motivated.
- 03 Raw IdeasHow do you recognize a great idea? How do you figure out if it’s worthy of your effort? James spells out the techniques he uses to generate his ideas and then separate the good ones from the less compelling ones.
- 04 PlotWith the right plot, your reader won’t be able to stop turning the pages. In this lesson, James measures out his unique approach to developing plot lines that keep readers wanting more.
- 05 ResearchFor James, conducting in-depth research not only makes his writing better, it also boosts his credibility with his readers. Find out when and how James conducts his research and how he incorporates it into his writing in a thoughtful way.
- 06 Outlines: Part 1James’ secret weapon is a comprehensive outline. Learn how he sets himself up for a fast and successful first draft. No matter what, don’t skip this lesson!
- 07 Outlines: Part 2James has never shown the outline for his best-seller Honeymoon to anyone (not even his publisher) until now. Follow along with the outline provided in your Class Workbook as James further explains his process.
- 08 Writer’s BlockEven when you’ve written as many books as James has (76 best sellers and counting), there’s still nothing scarier than staring at the blank page. Here’s how to conquer those fears.
- 09 Creating CharactersFrom Alex Cross to Michael Bennett, James has mastered the art of creating complex and memorable characters. Hero to villain, learn how to make your character stay with your reader well beyond the last page.
- 10 First LinesGrab your reader’s attention quickly and make them hold on for dear life. James shares his tips for getting your reader hooked from the very first line.
- 11 Writing DialogueDialogue should always push the story forward. Listen to James explain a few common dialogue pitfalls and easy ways to avoid them.
- 12 Building A ChapterJames is well known for his numerous short and snappy chapters. Learn how he propels the reader through the book with an outline as his roadmap.
- and more..
Content retrieved from: https://authorstash.com/tool/masterclass-james-patterson-teaches-writing/.