Judy Blume Teaches Writing, judy blume masterclass download
In 24 lessons, Judy Blume will show you how to develop vibrant characters and hook your readers.
Learn from the best-selling author in her first-ever online class.
Write timeless stories
Judy Blume broke the rules. Her refreshingly honest children’s books were banned by hundreds of libraries—and loved by generations of readers, who bought 85 million copies of classics like Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret and Superfudge. In her first online class, the award-winning author teaches you how to invent vivid characters, write realistic dialogue, and turn your experiences into stories people will treasure.
- 01 IntroductionThe honest, everyday struggles of Judy Blume’s characters resonate with millions of readers. Now, she’s your instructor. Judy invites you to discover your own process by hearing what worked for her.
- 02 Judy’s ChildhoodJudy was an anxious kid and used stories she invented as companions and a creative outlet. Hear her talk about the early beginnings of her rich imagination.
- 03 Finding Ideas – Part 1Judy believes the most powerful stories come from within, yet writers need to be highly attuned to the world around them. She shares her process for identifying and developing strong ideas.
- 04 Finding Ideas – Part 2Judy discusses the highly personal calculation every writer will make about whether to raid their own lives for material. She also talks about the importance of letting ideas percolate before committing them to paper.
- 05 Idea Case StudiesJudy shares the inspiration behind some of her most iconic and enduring books and characters: Margaret, Fudge, and Blubber.
- 06 Writing for Younger Readers – Part 1Learn how to tap into the childhood version of yourself to authentically relate to younger readers. Kids have big questions and want their lives reflected in the books they read.
- 07 Writing for Younger Readers – Part 2Give kids credit—they understand more than you think. Judy explains that authors should never write as adults talking to children.
- 08 In the Unlikely Event Case Study – Part 1Judy deconstructs how she researched her sprawling novel, which she based on series of unbelievable-yet-true events that happened in her hometown when she was a teenager.
- 09 In the Unlikely Event Case Study – Part 2Judy calls her notebooks her security blankets. Take a peek inside them to see how she bridged information with imagination to fictionalize a story she personally experienced.
- 10 Creating Memorable Characters – Part 1Compelling and layered characters drive stories forward and keep readers wanting to turn the page. But before that happens, writers need to get to know their characters as if they were real people.
- and more…
Free Full Video Judy Blume masterclass download
Content retrieved from: https://www.masterclass.com/classes/judy-blume-teaches-writing.