martin scorsese masterclass download, Martin Scorsese Teaches Filmmaking
30 Video Lessons
In 30 lessons, learn the art of film from the director of Goodfellas, The Departed, and Taxi Driver.
Oscar winner Martin Scorsese teaches his first-ever online class.
Study with Scorsese
Martin Scorsese drew his first storyboard when he was eight. Today he’s a legendary director whose films—from Mean Streets to The Wolf of Wall Street—have shaped movie history. In his first-ever online class, the Oscar winner teaches his approach to filmmaking, from storytelling to editing to working with actors. He deconstructs films and breaks down his craft, changing how you make—and watch—movies.
- 01 IntroductionMeet your new instructor: Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese. Martin explains the goals of his MasterClass and talks about the importance of staying true to yourself on your filmmaking journey.
- 02 BeginningsMartin explains how he realized that filmmaking was his true calling in life. He also talks about the importance of watching the old masters of cinema, from Orson Welles to Max Ophüls.
- 03 Martin’s EducationMartin teaches you to appreciate the value of every shot using the lessons he learned from his tough—but inspirational—professor at NYU.
- 04 Discovering Your ProcessThere is no set process for filmmaking, but in this lesson Martin offers you a glimpse of what his own process looks like. Learn to let your film take on its own life and always remain open to unexpected changes that could add value to a scene.
- 05 Channeling Your InfluencesMartin encourages you to take inspiration from the work of other directors and discusses the significance of referencing other films in your own work.
- 06 Developing Your StyleMartin teaches the tenets of visual literacy and elaborates on the hallmarks of his style, including previsualization with storyboards, the use of voice-over, and the influence of documentary on his feature films.
- 07 Directing & TechnologyMartin connects the atmosphere in which he first started making movies to the current climate of filmmaking, teaching you how technological advances can both help and hinder your creative process as a director.
- and other…