Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar, Tom morello masterclass free download
In 26 lessons, Grammy-winning musician Tom Morello will teach you the guitar techniques, rhythms, and riffs that define his signature style.
Enroll today to explore Tom’s video lessons, exclusive materials, and expert advice. Learn at your own pace on mobile or desktop.
Strike a Chord
Tom Morello is a two-time Grammy winner, and one of Rolling Stone’s “Greatest Guitarists of All Time.” In his first online class, the co-founder of Rage Against the Machine will teach you the riffs, rhythms, and solos that launched his career and sent his music to the top of the charts. Tom will share his approach to making music that challenges the status quo, and teach you how to create your own musical style.
- 01 IntroductionMeet your new instructor, Grammy Award-winning guitarist Tom Morello, and get ready to uncover your authentic artistic self.
- 02 Developing Your Creative VoiceTom teaches you how to think beyond your musical influences, challenge the traditional boundaries of the electric guitar, and start developing your own voice as a musician.
- 03 RiffsPowerful, hard-driving riffs are the heart and soul of Tom’s musical legacy. Learn his tips for experimenting with tuning, slides, chukkas, and more, to unleash heavy, rocking riffs of your own.
- 04 Gear: Pedals and EffectsTom walks you through his basic pedal rig from delays to tuner and wah-wah to whammy. Learn how he uses each to create a diverse collection of sounds and effects.
- 05 Tones and SoundsIt’s not what pedals you own, it’s how you use them. Learn Tom’s creative process for discovering sounds and how you can create your own.
- 06 Tom’s Noise ChartTom walks you through his own noise chart, including examples from “Guerilla Radio” and “Your Time Has Come,” to show you his system for keeping track of all the elements that come together to create an original sound.
- 07 Tom’s Influences: Rock, Jazz, Classical, and FolkA diverse set of musical influences can help you take your playing in exciting new directions. Learn how Tom incorporates the genres that have made an impact on him into his own music, and how you can do the same.
- 08 Tom’s Influences: EDM, the Blues, and Hip-HopYou can learn from other artists’ styles, melodies, attitudes, and sounds. Tom teaches you how to fold blues guitar—and more modern, non-guitar sounds from EDM and hip-hop—into your playing.
- 09 PracticeTom teaches you how to structure your practice time, from balancing technique and theory to segmenting your practice day.
- 10 Technique: Developing SpeedTom believes that you have to play slowly to learn to play fast. Learn the finger exercises he used to go from scribbling around on the guitar to confidently shredding.
- 11 Beginner Theory: Pentatonic and Blues ScalesAimed towards beginner players, Tom demystifies the pentatonic scale and the blues scale to help you start improvising solos.
- 12 Theory: Unlocking the FretboardIn the next step on your soloing journey, Tom teaches you his methods for soloing in any key, anywhere on the neck.
- 13 ImprovisationLearn how to get lost in the music, experiment, and push yourself outside of your comfort zone with Tom’s techniques for becoming a more nimble improviser.
- and more…